The ICX Association’s 2018 Elevate Awards were handed out in 12 categories; Top awards went to Panera Bread—ICX Influencer of the Year and Sleep Number—ICX Deployment of the Year.
The Interactive Customer Experience Association‘s annual Elevate Awards is devoted to showcasing the innovative ways technology can be used to create transcendent customer experiences.
This year the Awards, judged by a panel of industry experts and journalists, were handed out in 12 categories ranging from best ICX content in point-of-wait and point-of-transit deployments, best ICX deployments in retail, education, e-commerce and more. In addition to those 12, another award honored the ICX Influencer of the Year.
That honor this year went to Panera Bread for, among its many customer experience initiatives, the brand’s continued dedication to creating innovative and engaging in-store and digital experiences for its customers in what has become an immense success for them, Panera 2.0. Last year the fast-casual leader announced that its digital sales — those made via mobile, web or kiosk — had surpassed $1 billion on an annualized basis and could double in 2019. Since the inception of its Panera 2.0 program in 2014, the company said it has emerged as an industry-leading restaurant e-tailer. Panera’s end-to-end digital pathways, including Rapid Pickup, Fast Lane Kiosks, Catering and Delivery, enable a better guest experience for people to eat the way they want.
The ICX Deployment of the Year award went to Sleep Number for their virtual reality and digital activation at the Super Bowl in Minneapolis, one that resulted in thousands of leads for the brand and hundreds of thousands of impressions on potential customers.
Here is a complete list of this year’s winners:
- Best ICX Content: Point of Transit – Cineplex Digital Media – BMO Celebrating 200 Years
- Best ICX Content: Point of Wait – Cineplex Digital Media – RBC Canadian Open
- Best ICX Deployment: Corporate Communication – Dickey’s Barbecue Pit – Dickey’s Datapit
- Best ICX Deployment: Digital Out-of-Home – NEXT/NOW – “Avo-matic” Emotion Tracking Food Truck
- Best ICX Deployment: E-commerce – Under Armour – UA Icon
- Best ICX Deployment: Entertainment/Gaming – Under Armour – Under Armour VR Golf Challenge
- Best ICX Deployment: Financial Services – ZIVELO – ZIVELO Virtual Banking Expert
- Best ICX Deployment: Government/Education/Non-Profit – Right Media Solutions – Southport School Media Network
- Best ICX Deployment: Restaurant – ZIVELO – ZIVELO Self-Order QSR Kiosk
- Best ICX Deployment: Retail – Reflect – Polaris: The Retail Experience
- Best ICX Deployment: Pop-up – NEXT/NOW – LG Final Four Fan Fest Digital Sports Activation
- ICX Deployment of the Year: Sleep Number – Sleep Number Super Bowl LII Activation
- ICX Influencer of the Year: Panera Bread
About Networld Media Group
Founded in 2000, Networld Media Group is a leading business-to-business (B2B) global media communications company specializing in digital media, associations and events in the mobile, self-service, digital signage, retail, food service and financial services industries. Online properties include ATMmarketplace.com, BlockchainTechNews.com, DigitalSignageToday.com, FastCasual.com, FoodTruckOperator.com, KioskMarketplace.com, MobilePaymentsToday.com, PizzaMarketplace.com, QSRweb.com, RetailCustomerExperience.com and BiblicalLeadership.com. Networld event properties include the Fast Casual Executive Summit, CONNECT: The Mobile CX Summit, Interactive Customer Experience Summit, Bank Customer Experience Summit and the Restaurant Franchising & Innovation Summit. Networld also operates the ICX Association. Its newest offering, BOOM! Creative, provides clients with digital creative, custom media and brand collateral.