Definition of Cookies
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters which users store on their computer or mobile device when they visit the website for the first time. When they visit the website again, the cookies allow us to recognise their browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information but they cannot read data off their hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
Cookies set by a website owner are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (i.e. advertising, social media functions and analytics).
Third parties that place cookies on the website control the personal data they collect about users and are likely to be considered “data controllers” under European law. Users are encouraged to read third parties’ privacy policies to understand their data processing activities, policies and procedures.
When users first access the b2bglobal.pro website, they receive a message advising them that cookies and similar technologies are in use. By clicking “Accept”, closing the message, or continuing to browse the website, users confirm that they agree to the use of these technologies.
Users do not have to accept cookies, and their consent can be withdrawn at any time. They can change their browser settings to refuse or restrict cookies, and they may delete them after they have been placed on their device at any time.
If users do not accept or delete our cookies, the website functionality will suffer.
- to provide our services;
- to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- to encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- to analyse traffic patterns;
- to customise users’ experience;
- for on-site marketing purposes.
The following categories of cookies are used:
- Access and billing cookies (to identify subscribers and allow them to use a shopping cart);
- Performance cookies (to monitor website performance);
- Functionality cookies (to remember users’ preferences);
- Analytics cookies (to analyse users’ geolocation or movements through the website);
- Advertising cookies (to make advertisements more relevant to users and to keep track of how many advertising impressions have been served for a campaign);
- Social media cookies (to integrate social media functions into the website for advertising purposes);
- Fraud prevention cookies (to monitor and prevent suspicious activity and fraudulent traffic).
Third Party Cookies
Third parties may use information about users’ visits to the website in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that users may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements.
Below are links to the privacy policies of our key third party partners and links to advertising opt outs to help users manage their online privacy:
Google Analytics, google-analytics.com is used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour, tracking the visitor across devices and marketing channels. This is a session pixel tracker and a cookie. To learn more about how we analyse the information please visit http://analytics.google.com/. To learn more about how Google collects and uses information for online advertising, please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy.html.
Browser manufacturers usually provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Users can see below for more information:
- Google: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Safari (Desktop): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
- Safari (Mobile): https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Android Browser: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/54068?visit_id=1-636585517588941681-639659396&hl=en&rd=1
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help
- Opera Mobile: https://www.opera.com/help/mobile/android#privacy
For other browsers, users should consult the documentation provided by their browser manufacturer.
Users can opt out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://youradchoices.com). In addition, on their iPhone, iPad or Android devices, they can change settings to control whether they see online interest-based ads.
Should users have other questions or concerns about our cookies policy and practices, they can contact us at email@example.com.
This policy is effective 10 October 2020.